The course is specially designed for young learners at the age of 7-12 with the aim of helping students to develop English skills, knowledge and confidence when using English in daily life and international studying environment.
5 C’s of foreign language education: Culture, Communication, Collaboration, Critical thinking and Creativity are integrated in the course through games, English situation, group-work, research – analysis – presentation exercises.
Especially, foreign teachers will help them familiar with standard pronunciation and intonation.
- The course focuses on developing the four skills of Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing with flexible effective teaching methods.
- Integrating language development activities and experiential learning concepts to help students maximize their use of English.
- CLIL (Content and Language Integrated Learning) method helps students in both learning and practicing the language through various topics in science, society and culture.
- In addition to developing 04 language skills, OEA Vietnam also add Grammar and Vocabulary hours to help student systematize and master the knowledge they have learned, thereby maximizing the effectiveness of the course, prepare for higher levels.
- Teaching materials and methods of the course are compatible with the concept of Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) and internationally standard tests of Cambridge University for primary as YLE and KET.
Teaching and learning methods in OEA Vietnam
Learner-centered approach to the process of teaching and learning in order to cater for participants’ various learning styles, paces and preferences, and particularly their different backgrounds, experiences, and needs.
Task-based teaching and learning (TBT & TBL) approach is also incorporated into the course of learning and teaching. This approach offers participants opportunities to use therefore to learn language through tasks simulated from prospective communication situations and contexts. By doing tasks, participants can find out what they need to know, to learn and to develop in terms of language knowledge and skills in order to fulfill the tasks given.
As task-based and learner-centered approaches are adopted, learners are both the subjects and the resources of the teaching process in OEA Vietnam. Learners actively participate in classroom activities both as negotiators and as interlocutors. Learner’s autonomy is maximized with various out-of-classroom tasks and activities such as extensive readings, project work and presentations.
Class schedule and model
Schedule: 2 classes/ week; 2 hours/ class.
Model: 10-15 students/ class.
6 Levels: Pri 1, 2 ,3 (100 hours/ level) and Pri 4, 5, 6 (128 hours/ level), each level includes 2 courses (A & B)
Complete KET course* (50 hours).
|Tuition:||7.500.000 VND/level/ 50 hours (Pri 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B)
9.400.000 VND/level/ 64 hours (Pri 4A, 4B, 5A, 5B, 6A, 6B)
|Complete KET course:||7.500.000 VND/ 50 hours|
After completing Primary 6B, students will continue to Complete KET course before starting Secondary English or Academic English.
The course is designed to help students:
- Review and systematize English at level A2 and be ready for the KET exam.
- Become familiar with KET structure and requirements, topics and text formats.
- Develope test-taking strategies and skills to optimize scores when officially taking the exam.
Learners are kindly requested to take a Placement Test (Listening, Reading & Writing and Speaking Test) for defining their existing English level. Our Course Counselors will advise learners on a suitable course.
Parents please contact directly with OEA Vietnam’s Counselor at (04) 3232-1318 or consult opening schedule on the website.
After finishing Pri 2B, Pri 4B, Pri 6B and Complete KET, OEA students will take Cambridge English Test (Starters, Movers, Flyers & KET) in order to have independent outcome evaluation. Students complete course pathways, with above 90% of final test and class participation (attendance) will reach respectively certificates for the following course outcome:
- Primary 2- certified Starters from 12 shields above.
- Primary 4- certified Movers from 12 shields above
- Primary 6- certified Flyers from 12 shields above
- Complete KET – Pass level A2
Benefits from attending courses at OEA Vietnam
- Foreign teachers participate in teaching, ensure adequately professional qualifications, pedagogy certificates such as TESOL, CELTA, TEFL… and have good experience in teaching English for children.
- Having chance to experience Cambridge English Mock Tests (Starters, Movers, Flyers & KET).
- OEA students will be registered freely Cambridge English Exams: YLE – Young Learners English Test.
- Conducting projects and making presentation to parents from Primary 4 at the end of the course.
- Weekly report via email to help parents monitor and capture the content of the lessons and the situation of children in the classroom.
- The ability to acquire language and the students’ progress will be reported in the final parent meeting.
- Preferring 5% of tuition fee when registering the next course at OEA Vietnam.