OEA Pre-school courses are designed for young learners at the age of 4-6:
- Helping children be familiar with native English at an early age.
- Building their confidence and create advantages right from the start in learning English, especially in English pronunciation.
- Providing students with English simple vocabulary and concepts related to their age.
- Helping children understand expressions, phrases, short sentences according to content of each specific course.
- Using words, phrases learned confidently and naturally in and outside classroom.
OEA English courses are integrated 5 C’s of foreign language education: Culture, communication, collaboration, critical thinking and creativity.
The course consists of English songs, simple dialogues and plays. Young learners also learn English words and simple concepts related to their age as colours, cubics, counting, names of vegetables and pets… so as to develop communication skills, English reflex ability of children at an early age; helping young learners become more confident in front of the crowd. Diversified activities of learning are designed to enhance the naturally acquired ability of students.
Teaching and learning methods in OEA Vietnam
Learner-centered approach to the process of teaching and learning in order to cater for participants’ various learning styles, paces and preferences, and particularly their different backgrounds, experiences, and needs.
Task-based teaching and learning (TBT & TBL) approach is also incorporated into the course of learning and teaching. This approach offers participants opportunities to use therefore to learn language through tasks simulated from prospective communication situations and contexts. By doing tasks, participants can find out what they need to know, to learn and to develop in terms of language knowledge and skills in order to fulfill the tasks given.
As task-based and learner-centered approaches are adopted, learners are both the subjects and the resources of the teaching process in OEA Vietnam. Learners actively participate in classroom activities both as negotiators and as interlocutors. Learner’s autonomy is maximized with various out-of-classroom tasks and activities such as extensive readings, project work and presentations.
Class schedule and model
- Schedule: 1 or 2 classes/week; 2 hours/class.
- Model: 10-15 students/class.
4 levels (50 hours/level):
Pre-School 1, Pre-School 2, Pre-School 3 for young learners at the age of 4-6.
Pre Pri (OEA Bridge Course) for young learners at the age of 6-7, students of Grade 1 are acquainted with alphabets.
Learners are kindly requested to take a Placement test (Interview with Foreign Teacher) for checking their English skills (colors, cubics, pets, numbers…). After the test, OEA Course Counselors will advise learners on the suitable course.
Parents please contact directly with OEA Vietnam’s Counselor at (04) 3232-1318 or consult opening schedule on the website.
Benefits from attending courses at OEA Vietnam
- The course is designed with fun activities , interactive games to learn by playing with the aim of creating a comfortable environment for children to acquire language naturally.
- 100% native teachers participate in teaching, ensure adequately professional qualifications, pedagogy certificates such as TESOL, CELTA, TEFL… and have good experience in teaching English for children.
- Weekly report via email to help parents monitor and capture the content of the lessons and the situation of children in the classroom.
- The ability to acquire language and the students’ progress will be reported in the final parent meeting.
- Students will get certificate of the OEA Vietnam after completing course with the condition of attendance at least 75% of course duration.
- Snacks or milks are provided during the breaktime.
- Preferring 5% of tuition fee when registering the next course at OEA Vietnam.