The IELTS courses are designed to help learners develop English language and communication skills necessary for studying and working in academic environment of Western Universities. During the course, four skills of English including Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing will be focused. In addition, learners’ vocabularies in different academic disciplines and complex structures as well as difficult grammar points will be introduced to help them maximize IELTS scores.
After finishing the course, the following objectives will be achieved:
- Strengthen English academic skills assessed in IELTS band score.
- Get familiar with test structure, types of questions, the way the test is marked and IELTS band scores.
- Become accustomed to themes and styles of texts presented in IELTS test.
- Be acquainted with communication contexts in IELTS test.
- Identify marking criteria in IELTS test.
- Enhance the ability to budget the time in the real test.
- Improve skills to meet specific requirements in each sub-test.
- Familiarize with the real test through pre-IELTS tests monthly organized by OEA.
Depending on placement test’s result, the teaching content will be selected in accordance with the student’s level, ensuring the maximum the ability of language acquisition and the students’ progress. In addition, the duration for each skill will also be adjusted based on the students’ actual needs & abilities.
Teaching and learning methods in OEA Vietnam
Learner-centered approach to the process of teaching and learning in order to cater for participants’ various learning styles, paces and preferences, and particularly their different backgrounds, experiences, and needs.
Task-based teaching and learning (TBT & TBL) approach is also incorporated into the course of learning and teaching. This approach offers participants opportunities to use therefore to learn language through tasks simulated from prospective communication situations and contexts. By doing tasks, participants can find out what they need to know, to learn and to develop in terms of language knowledge and skills in order to fulfill the tasks given.
As task-based and learner-centered approaches are adopted, learners are both the subjects and the resources of the teaching process in OEA Vietnam. Learners actively participate in classroom activities both as negotiators and as interlocutors. Learner’s autonomy is maximized with various out-of-classroom tasks and activities such as extensive readings, project work and presentations.
Course schedule and model
Schedule: 1 or 2 classes/week; 2 hours/class.
Model: 10 – 15 students/class
The program included IELT 3,4,5 (120 hours/level): each level is divided into 2 course.
IELTS preparation according to personalized English learning (FastMovers):
To students whose need is learning in IELTS preparation class with 1-2 students, OEA Vietnam will tailor a personalized syllabus and advise learners about suitable training pathway based on their needs and purposes. Tuition will be charged according to students’ needed learning hours. Schedule would be arranged by student and OEA Vietnam students can choose to study with Vietnamese teacher or Foreign
Learners are kindly requested to take a Placement Test (Listening, Reading & Writing and Speaking Test) for defining their existing English level. Our Course Counselors will advise learners on a suitable course.
Parents please contact directly with OEA Vietnam’s Counselor at (04) 3232-1318 or consult opening schedule on the website.
|Placement Test :||Free (if following OEA’s schedule)|
|Tuition :||8.800.000 VND/ course (60 hours)|
Benefits from attending courses at OEA Vietnam
- Teachers participate in teaching, ensure adequately professional qualifications, pedagogy certificates and have experience in teaching IELTS test.
- Weekly report via email to help parents monitor and capture the content of the lessons and the situation of children in the classroom.
- Students’ progress will be reported at the middle and the end of course.
- Having chance to experience Cambridge English IELTS Pre Test.
- Free study abroad counseling services (choose schools, majors, scholarships) are provided if students have needs.
- Students will receive a certificate of OEA Vietnam after completing the course, provided that they achieve at least 60% of the final exam results & attend at least 75% of the study time;
- Preferring 5% of tuition fee when registering the next course at OEA Vietnam.