The course is specially designed for Secondary students at the age of 12 to 15 years old in order to build & enhance English skills as well as applying grammar and vocabulary in verbal & written communication. OEA Secondary courses integrated 04 English skills with multi-culture content. Foreign teachers will help them get familiar with standard pronunciation and intonation.
Learner-centered and learning languages via communication activities & assignments approaches are applied in the process. The learning program focuses to maximize language ability as well as confidence of students in English usage to perform communication functions.
OEA Secondary courses are designed compatible with internationally standard tests of Cambridge English Assessment – Cambridge Main Suite KET (A2) & PET (B1).
- Develop 04 English Skills: Listening, Speaking, Reading & Writing with flexible effective teaching methods.
- Standards for foreign language education such as: Culture, communication, collaboration, critical thinking and creativity are integrated in English lessons through practical exercises and specifically designed classroom activities.
- Teaching materials and methods of the course are compatible with the concept of Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) and internationally standard tests of Cambridge English Exams such as: KET & PET.
- Students will have chance to do projects. Each project integrates all 04 English skills and general capacity. The output are articles/slides and presentations.
Teaching and learning methods in OEA Vietnam
Learner-centered approach to the process of teaching and learning in order to cater for participants’ various learning styles, paces and preferences, and particularly their different backgrounds, experiences, and needs.
Task-based teaching and learning (TBT & TBL) approach is also incorporated into the course of learning and teaching. This approach offers participants opportunities to use therefore to learn language through tasks simulated from prospective communication situations and contexts. By doing tasks, participants can find out what they need to know, to learn and to develop in terms of language knowledge and skills in order to fulfill the tasks given.
As task-based and learner-centered approaches are adopted, learners are both the subjects and the resources of the teaching process in OEA Vietnam. Learners actively participate in classroom activities both as negotiators and as interlocutors. Learner’s autonomy is maximized with various out-of-classroom tasks and activities such as extensive readings, project work and presentations.
Class schedule and model
Schedule: 2 classes/ week; 2 hours/ class.
Model: 10-15 students/ class.
- Consists of 04 levels: Secondary 1,2,3,4 with 100 hours/level, each level is in 02 courses.
- Complete KET & Complete PET course*
* Complete KET & Complete PET course
After completing Secondary 2B & 4B, students will continue to Complete KET & Complete PET course before starting next level.
The course is designed to help learners:
- Systematize the important knowledge in A2 level (Complete KET) and B1 level (Complete PET) for students in order to be well-prepared for KET & PET exams.
- Get familiar with the structure & requirements, topics & types of text in KET & PET exams.
- Prepare skills & strategy in order to maximize scores in exams.
|Placement Test:||Free (if following OEA’s schedule)|
|Tuition:||7.500.000 VND / course (50 hours)|
Learners are kindly requested to take a Placement Test (including a Listening, Reading & Writing Test and an Oral Test with native teachers). Based on learners’ placement test results and the purpose of learning, OEA Counselors will give learners recommendation about suitable course.
After finishing Complete KET & Complete PET, students in OEA will be able to join internationally standard tests of Cambridge English Assessment with respective level KET (A2) & PET (B1) to have independent outcome evaluation. With above 90% of final test and 100% of class participation (attendance), OEA commit that student will get respectively certificates:
- Complete KET – A2 level
- Complete PET – B1 level
Benefits of attending OEA Vietnam courses
- Students have chances to experience Cambridge English mock tests (KET, PET);
- Students can register in Cambridge Main Suite (KET, PET) of Cambridge English Assessment after finishing respective courses;
- Students will do and present final project in front of the class and parents at the end of the course;
- Weekly teaching notes are updated via email in order to follow the lesson and learning progress of students;
- Progress report is updated in teacher-and-parent meeting at the end of the course;
- Students who get at least 60% of final test result & 75% duration will get OEA Vietnam certificate after completing the course.