Academic English courses are designed to help students familiarize with communicating situations in the context of English-speaking environment. At the same time, students have the opportunity to practice basic academic skills such as essay writing, report writing, listening-recording, searching- analyzing -presenting information…
The course is a stepping stone to help students prepare for studying at international schools in Vietnam or studying abroad. The course materials and teaching methods are compatible with the content of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) and international academic English exam such as IELTS and TOEFL iBT.
OEA Academic is specifically designed basing on the need of each student. The course content is focused on:
- Developing four basic English skills: Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking.
- Enlarging vocabulary, consolidating grammar to help students use English accurately and comprehensively.
- Getting familiar with English communication situation in an English speaking learning environment;
- Consolidating and expanding knowledge base, thereby developing the critical and multidimensional thinking which is necessary for higher learning.
Teaching and learning methods in OEA Vietnam
Learner-centered approach to the process of teaching and learning in order to cater for participants’ various learning styles, paces and preferences, and particularly their different backgrounds, experiences, and needs.
Task-based teaching and learning (TBT & TBL) approach is also incorporated into the course of learning and teaching. This approach offers participants opportunities to use therefore to learn language through tasks simulated from prospective communication situations and contexts. By doing tasks, participants can find out what they need to know, to learn and to develop in terms of language knowledge and skills in order to fulfill the tasks given.
As task-based and learner-centered approaches are adopted, learners are both the subjects and the resources of the teaching process in OEA Vietnam. Learners actively participate in classroom activities both as negotiators and as interlocutors. Learner’s autonomy is maximized with various out-of-classroom tasks and activities such as extensive readings, project work and presentations.
Class schedule and model
Schedule: 2 classes/ week; 2 hours/ class.
Model: 10-15 students/ class.
The course includes 3 levels: AE Foundation, 1, 2, 3, 4 (120 hours/ level), each level includes 2 courses.
Teacher: 50% Vietnamese teacher – 50% Foreign teacher or 100% Foreign teacher
Learners are kindly requested to take a Placement Test (Listening, Reading & Writing and Speaking Test) for defining their existing English level. Our Course Counselors will advise learners on a suitable course.
Parents please contact directly with OEA Vietnam’s Counselor at (04) 3232-1318 or consult opening schedule on the website.
|Placement Test :||Free|
|Course fee :||8.800.000 VND|
Benefits from attending courses at OEA Vietnam
- Foreign teachers participate in teaching, ensure adequately professional qualifications, pedagogy certificates such as TESOL, CELTA, TEFL… and have good experience in teaching English for children.
- Weekly report via email to help parents monitor and capture the content of the lessons and the situation of children in the classroom.
- The ability to acquire language and the students’ progress will be reported in the final parent meeting.
- Students will receive a certificate of OEA Vietnam after completing the course, provided that they achieve at least 60% of the final exam results & attend at least 75% of the study time;
- Preferring 5% of tuition fee when registering the next course at OEA Vietnam.