Vocabulary & Grammar
OEA Grammar and Vocabulary is designed for Primary and Secondary students who need to consolidate their grammar and vocabulary in parallel with regular educational programs at High School or other English courses with native teachers. The course helps students review and promote students to use grammar and vocabulary effectively in communication.
Course contents and objectives
- The OEA Grammar and Vocabulary Booster is based on the vocabulary and grammar lists for each level of the CEFR Framework and similar to the curriculum in secondary & high schools to help students consolidate and expand knowledge, thereby making certain progress in mainstream learning in secondary & high schools;
- The program is themed and includes multiple levels to help students recognize & focus to improve weaknesses as well as meeting various requirements of students;
- The program will be a solid foundation to prepare knowledge for international preparation courses such as IELTS, TOEFL…
Teaching and learning methods in OEA Vietnam
Learner-centered approach to the process of teaching and learning in order to cater for participants’ various learning styles, paces and preferences, and particularly their different backgrounds, experiences, and needs.
Task-based teaching and learning (TBT & TBL) approach is also incorporated into the course of learning and teaching. This approach offers participants opportunities to use therefore to learn language through tasks simulated from prospective communication situations and contexts. By doing tasks, participants can find out what they need to know, to learn and to develop in terms of language knowledge and skills in order to fulfill the tasks given.
As task-based and learner-centered approaches are adopted, learners are both the subjects and the resources of the teaching process in OEA Vietnam. Learners actively participate in classroom activities both as negotiators and as interlocutors. Learner’s autonomy is maximized with various out-of-classroom tasks and activities such as extensive readings, project work and presentations.
Course schedule and model
Schedule: 2 classes/ week; 2 hours/ class.
Model: 10-15 students/ class.
The program includes 03 level of Grammar & Vocabulary Booster A2, B1, B2 (120 hours/ level), each level is divided into 3 courses:
OEA Grammar & Vocabulary A2 (A+B+C)
OEA Grammar & Vocabulary B1 (A+B+C)
OEA Grammar & Vocabulary B2 (A+B+C)
|Placement test :
|5.800.000 VND/ course (40 hours)
Learners are kindly requested to take a Placement Test (Reading & Writing, Listening Test) for defining their existing English level. Our Course Counselors will advise learners on a suitable course.
Parents please contact directly with OEA Vietnam’s Counselor at (04) 3232-1318 or consult opening schedule on the website.
Benefits from attending courses at OEA Vietnam
Methodical and learner-centered program:
- The curriculum is compiled by OEA Vietnam to follow the curriculum of levels A2 – B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) and the latest exam & test preparation books according to the program of the Ministry of Education and Training;
- Students will be monitored and analyzed their mastery level according to each type of lesson, identify topics they have mastered or have not in order to help students achieve the level and learning goals.
Strict evaluation process:
- Ensure that students get the maximum knowledge of each lesson through marking – correcting – re-teaching activities in class;
- There will be a revision and test after every topic to synthesize knowledge and assess ability of students;
- End-of-course test to evaluate the progress of students;
- Vietnamese teachers involving in teaching must have high qualifications & expertise, as well as having many years of experience in teaching grammar and training excellent students.
- Weekly teaching notes updated via email to help parents monitor and capture the lesson & progress of students;
- The ability to acquire language and the students’ progress will be reported in the final teacher-and-parent meeting.
- Modern facilities to ensure the best learning conditions;
- Preferring 5% of tuition fee when registering the next course at OEA Vietnam
- Small class model: 10 – 15 students/class